- Writes an article titled "Professor of Piffle" in which he criticizes Jordan B Peterson.
- Title of article sums up nature and attitude of content.
- Article warns of "the dangerous underside of Jordan Peterson's crusade against the humanities" and issues the rallying cry that: "We have an intellectual obligation to meet this threat directly and expose him for exactly what he is: a YouTube star who offers a wafer-thin intellectual validation for the political retrenchment of traditional hierarchies. Peterson is calling for war within the humanities. We should happily oblige."
- Gets called out by Peterson immediately and challenged to a debate.
- Proclaims he would debate Peterson anytime. Encourages people to set up the debate.
- Peterson sets up a possible debate.
- Wells backs out by stating - "I initially thought the debate would be good fun. I've since been disabused of that idea. I've said my piece."
Way to fight the war, Ira. You're a class act, all the way.