Regardless, I hope my translations below have done justice to Sándor's wit. Enjoy!
- I woke up this morning and realized I was no longer asleep.
- The two quintessential signs of old age are memory loss, and . . . I can't remember what the other thing was.
- What do babies and instant coffee have in common? Both are easy to make, and both cause sleepless nights.
- The three stages of life are childhood, adulthood, and, "hey, you look great considering your age!"
- Second marriages represent the victory of optimism over experience.
- The national economy is teetering on the edge of a cliff, but rest assured, next year we will take a huge step forward.
- Slow train service in Hungary is intentional and purposeful; it's the only way we can give the impression of being a big country.